What do Bill Gates, Chris Bosh and Will.i.am have in common?
Posted on 3
Just like everyone here at Code for Kids, they want kids involved in coding. I spent the better part of two hours composing a blog post explaining the benefits of kids and programming; however, this video says it so much better. In this short film some of the brightest minds in the the tech industry along with former coder turned NBA star Chris Bosh and musician/aspiring coder Will.i.am break down what it is to be a coder and the impact it has on our everyday lives. It is a little long at 9 minutes and 34 seconds but once you watch it you might be interested in learning to code, no matter what age you are.
Here are a couple take aways:
- Computers are stupid. People make them smart
- You don’t need to be a genius to be a programmer
- Great way to express creativity
- Only limited to your imagination
- When integrating science and coding, kids' test scores went up 30%
- Whether you want to make a lot of money or change the world, coding is an empowering skill to learn
- Great coders are todays rockstars
Check out our registration page to find a workshop near you.
Being the only one at Code For Kids that doesn’t actually code, I’ve decided to make it my New Year resolution to learn HTML and CSS. Check back to follow my progress and experiences with learning to code.
We love to hear from you so don't be afraid to drop us a line.
Thanks for reading,
Code For Kids